Want to help?
There's something to be said about good company! If you're interested in helping to build or to run activities, please read on!
If you're handy with tools and construction (or want to learn), we invite you to come help us build the ice shanty! We suggest a three hour-shift on any of the following days, but you're welcome to stay longer or leave early (just let us know that you're coming). Tasks may include cutting lumber, hammering, installing carpet, painting, or paper mache. Building will be done on private property, so please respect the space. Snacks are always welcome!
- Dec 5th, 10AM to 5PM (floor)
- Dec 6th, 12PM to 5PM (floor)
- Dec 12th, 10AM to 5PM (walls)
- Dec 13th 12PM to 5PM (walls)
- Dec 19th, 10AM to 5PM (roof)
- Dec 20th, 12PM to 5PM (roof)
- Jan 2nd, 10AM to 5PM (final details)
- Jan 3rd, 12PM to 5PM (final details)
- Jan 9th, 10AM to 5PM (last minute stuff & ready to move)
- Jan 10th, 12PM to 5PM (last minute stuff & ready to move)
If you've worked at any of the Nordic Villages and are interested in helping to run activities in your language, please join us! This could involve crafts, singing, language games, sports, evening programs, and more!
We're asking people to sign up for 3 1/2 hour shifts (2 volunteers per shift), so you'll get a chance to spend time at the other shanties too! You're, of course, welcome to sign up for more than one shift.
If you are a villager (sixteen or older) and interested in helping to run activities (along with 2 former or current staff members), please let us know! Contact Magna at email@example.com, providing your village/village name, contact info, and date you're interested in volunteering.
Shifts for all villages/dates will run as follows:
- 1st Shift 9:00AM - 12:30PM
- 2nd Shift 12:00PM - 3:30PM
- 3rd Shift 3:00PM - 6:00PM
- Jan 16 Opening Weekend: Swedish
- Jan 17 Swedish
- Jan 23: Norwegian
- Jan 24: Norwegian
- Jan 30: Danish
- Jan 31: Danish
- Feb 6: Finnish
- Feb 7: Finnish